M3 Widget fetches only 100 rows of data from M3 API call

Hello,

I notice that the M3 monitor/viewer widget shows only 100 records in the list when M3 API is called. But when I use MITEST tool, I can see more than 100 records. Is there a way to extend or set max number of records for M3 widgets?

Thanks

DS Sharma

Parents
  • Hi,
    Currently there is no such option. The widget purpose is to load a limited set of data. Normally it should only load around 20 items and then there should be some kind of paging. But it is hard to make a generic widget as the APIs in M3 have different kind of support for paging their dataset and you need to know exactly how to call the API to get the next set of records.

Actually the monitor has a setting where 100 is the highest allowed value. If there is a specific scenario that you are interested in please add that as an enhancement suggestion.

The limit is set to 100 simply because that is the default limit in the API to avoid loading large datasets.
    So the answer is no, the limit is currently 100 but please share with us the configuration that you would like to use.
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your response, we have developed a custom API in CMS100 which shows open customer orders with available inventory for each order line. At any given point we have more than 100 open orders per division. This widget will help the customer service team to check if the order line becomes available for allocation after Manufacturing of the product.

Thanks
    DS Sharma
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your response, we have developed a custom API in CMS100 which shows open customer orders with available inventory for each order line. At any given point we have more than 100 open orders per division. This widget will help the customer service team to check if the order line becomes available for allocation after Manufacturing of the product.

Thanks
    DS Sharma
Children
  • So you are saying that you have manual allocation of order lines? I understand the scenario but I don't fully understand the process as browsing through a list in a widget with more than 100 lines, how that would be beneficial for the user. Would it make more sense to have the customer selection first and then perhaps you would not hit the 100 limit? Would it be possible to build the custom API with paging? I will have to discuss with the M3 team on this.
  • There is no general way that we can add paging support as a configuration to the widget as the keys depends on the API that is being used. There is a limit of 100 and there is currently no plan to change that. However there are new development that will address this type of stand along paged APIs in the future.

The solution right now would be to build your own custom widget, if you are on-premise. If you are on cloud that widget would need to go through a review process and it would not be approved without paging support. Depending on the list in CMS100 you might be able to build such a widget, but it would involve coding and I cannot give you advice if it is possible to achieve or not.

The comment I made on selecting a customer first is not something that we have in the standard widget, but it is a possible area of improvement or perhaps a new widget that is more based on a selection of an entity. It would need to be submitted as an Enhancement suggestion.