Homepages Use Cases

Hi,

My name is Shan Molu and I'm the current product manager for Infor Homepages. I'd like to get some insight on how you all are using Homepages and what your Homepages look like. For anyone interested in sharing, do you mind showing a screenshot of your Homepages set up? I'm also interested in learning which widgets you are commonly using, and which Homepages features are being used (mandatory pages, default pages, featured content, etc.).

This information will help prioritize items on our roadmap, as well as potentially add new functionality to the application.

I think this could be beneficial for other users in the forum, but if you want to send this to me directly feel free to reach out to me at shan.molu@infor.com. 

Thanks!

Shan

Parents
  • Shan,

We're implementing InforCloudSuite Financials and HR. We're also implementing Birst and in the beginning phases of design.

Users are interested in seeing Birst dashboards in Homepages, but right now, if I copy/paste a dashboard URL into a Birst widget, it takes me to the Birst login screen.

Do you know if this functionality is coming soon?

Thanks,
    Nabil
  • The functionality to create an URL for a dashboard needs to use the web widget.
    In the current release the Birst Report Widget is for use with Visualizer reports only – Designer Reports and Dashboards are not supported with that widget. Also, there are only 2 fields in the configuration for that widget: the first is the path/report name, and the second is the filter to be applied (the SSO Parameters page in Birst Help has information about the required syntax to use for the filter, but an example might be: Sales History.Customer Name:Karin Portillo)

You should still be able to construct a SSO URL link to render a Birst Dashboard. You can use the SSO Parameters page in Birst Help to understand how to construct that URL.

If you still have issues please contact support as it might be a configuration issue.
  • The functionality to create an URL for a dashboard needs to use the web widget.
    In the current release the Birst Report Widget is for use with Visualizer reports only – Designer Reports and Dashboards are not supported with that widget. Also, there are only 2 fields in the configuration for that widget: the first is the path/report name, and the second is the filter to be applied (the SSO Parameters page in Birst Help has information about the required syntax to use for the filter, but an example might be: Sales History.Customer Name:Karin Portillo)

You should still be able to construct a SSO URL link to render a Birst Dashboard. You can use the SSO Parameters page in Birst Help to understand how to construct that URL.

If you still have issues please contact support as it might be a configuration issue.
Children
No Data