Homepages Use Cases

Hi,

My name is Shan Molu and I'm the current product manager for Infor Homepages. I'd like to get some insight on how you all are using Homepages and what your Homepages look like. For anyone interested in sharing, do you mind showing a screenshot of your Homepages set up? I'm also interested in learning which widgets you are commonly using, and which Homepages features are being used (mandatory pages, default pages, featured content, etc.).

This information will help prioritize items on our roadmap, as well as potentially add new functionality to the application.

I think this could be beneficial for other users in the forum, but if you want to send this to me directly feel free to reach out to me at shan.molu@infor.com. 

Thanks!

Shan

Parents
  • I've written a few widgets for our team to hit APIs and simplify processes for the team. For example a widget to pull a customer list, allow the user to select it, then with one click -- Run an AR open items report and reprint all invoices that are past due into a PDF for the customer to review. Another widget uses an API call to get a list of all open cartons in the warehouse to be sure our TWL processes have met their deadlines and ship the orders. We also use homepages for BI graphs and dashboards of KPI data. One challenge is adding pages to users logins as an administrator, I'd like to be able to impersonate a user vs logging in as that person to setup their specific options and page layouts.

• Hi Stevemac, your comment seems very interesting as you have created very useful widgets . We are also using homepages to show the standard widgets like Task, Alerts, Insider Posts but never customize or created a new One. I have also opened a incident with infor to ask if we can create our own widgets and customize them according to our requirement but they replied its not possible to create/customize a widget and you can only use the standard widgets available. I am more interested to know how you have created these widgets and what skill set require to do this?

We are also using Infor BI but not using any BI widget as I can not see any widget related to Infor BI.

if you help me that would be very much appreciable. Thanks

• Hi Stevemac, your comment seems very interesting as you have created very useful widgets . We are also using homepages to show the standard widgets like Task, Alerts, Insider Posts but never customize or created a new One. I have also opened a incident with infor to ask if we can create our own widgets and customize them according to our requirement but they replied its not possible to create/customize a widget and you can only use the standard widgets available. I am more interested to know how you have created these widgets and what skill set require to do this?

We are also using Infor BI but not using any BI widget as I can not see any widget related to Infor BI.

if you help me that would be very much appreciable. Thanks

Children
  • There is a homepages SDK for InforOS, look in the iso file for installing the InforOS program.. You will find the note about where it's located...
    Latest SDK can be found on Infor cloud GitHub

github.com/.../homepages-widget-sdk

Navigate to the zip and click 'Download'

This gets you the baseline and some example widgets to start with to begin building your applications. Like calling the ION API to proxy into your business system to run a report.

You also have the option of using the web page widget and configuring it to display a https ssl secure web page inside a widget. For example I use it on a server that can do ODBC calls to the system to pull selected items.

Several ways to be creative with Homepages...

Support is likely not going to get involved with this level of things, it's what you can do or work with ICS to build your application.
  • Are they all Mingle widgets or Application Homepages?
  • We are an SX.e ERP company, so the InforOS has access to APIs that allow us for example to submit a report to run inside SX.e. So we are hitting the actual application, not just Mingle. You can also use Application builder the same way, both are limited to the open APIs for the ERP. If you want to write back to the application from a homepage type widget, it's likely a full Mongoose application, I haven't needed that piece yet.
  • I gone through with the document and it seems you need a good skill set of building web application and API..I am a ION/BOD Developer and LN Technical not sure if I can do it. :(