Homepages Use Cases

Hi,

My name is Shan Molu and I'm the current product manager for Infor Homepages. I'd like to get some insight on how you all are using Homepages and what your Homepages look like. For anyone interested in sharing, do you mind showing a screenshot of your Homepages set up? I'm also interested in learning which widgets you are commonly using, and which Homepages features are being used (mandatory pages, default pages, featured content, etc.).

This information will help prioritize items on our roadmap, as well as potentially add new functionality to the application.

I think this could be beneficial for other users in the forum, but if you want to send this to me directly feel free to reach out to me at shan.molu@infor.com. 

Thanks!

Shan

Parents
  • Shan,
    We have access to Homepages only because we bought ION for the ability to write interfaces, and that gave us everything that came along with the InforOS stack. I believe we over-invested in what we were looking to get, but since we have access to all of these other tools, such as Homepages, I would like to learn how to use those tools.

Do you have any walk-throughs or videos on how to setup Homepages? This is not something that my boss will want me to invest any time in since I am already knee deep in my other Infor projects. However, if I could throw together something that is presentable and useful on my own time, I could make a case for using this product.

I saw some of the dashboards that you have posted, and I believe our executives would like that, but I also need to make it useable by my mid-management and front line producers for it to be worth our while.
    Thanks,
    Nick
  • Shan,
    We have access to Homepages only because we bought ION for the ability to write interfaces, and that gave us everything that came along with the InforOS stack. I believe we over-invested in what we were looking to get, but since we have access to all of these other tools, such as Homepages, I would like to learn how to use those tools.

Do you have any walk-throughs or videos on how to setup Homepages? This is not something that my boss will want me to invest any time in since I am already knee deep in my other Infor projects. However, if I could throw together something that is presentable and useful on my own time, I could make a case for using this product.

I saw some of the dashboards that you have posted, and I believe our executives would like that, but I also need to make it useable by my mid-management and front line producers for it to be worth our while.
    Thanks,
    Nick
Children
  • Hi Nick,

Hopefully after you learn a little bit about the Infor OS products, you'll feel a bit more fulfilled about your investment. We do offer many resources on Infor Campus to teach customers about our products. We've also created shorter walkthroughs of our products that are available on our Vimeo page. This album has videos for a majority of our Infor OS products, so if there was something else you were interested in like Infor Document Management, Chat, or Coleman you can find them there.

The Homepages specific video is here: https://vimeo.com/album/3620345/video/276522210

I hope you find these resources useful, if you have any questions let me know.

Shan Molu

shan.molu@infor.com 

• Hey , you made an interesting comment on feeling you over-invested. Is that you only need a subset of integration features that come with ION?

Depending on the level of depth you're using ION, you might be able to squeeze some extra value for very low labor time by putting together some workflows and ION monitors to alert to events and exceptions taking place across your systems. From there, it's a quick skip and a jump to enabling mobile devices to start receiving tasks and alerts, allowing users to execute decisions on approval workflows, etc.

And, of course, those same tasks, workflows, and monitors can be exposed to Homepages so that users logging in have a broad overview of decisions that require their attention or action.

Just some thoughts :)
  • Mike,
    Thanks for your input. The problem is that ION and InforOS are secondary to me. My primary role is to support Infor Public Sector (Hansen) and we purchased ION as a tool to interface with the software and databases used by other business units. I can definitely see the potential of using ION, but we have so many other products being used by different groups which include a DMS and two separate deployments of SharePoint on-prem (not to mention O365 creeping into the mix).

At this point, InforOS is just another black box to me.. It is like staring into the Abyss and feeling a presence staring back at me!

It would be great if I could make a couple of quick connections in ION/Ming.le and have something to show off to the boss, but I am in the middle of a Infor Field Inspector deployment, Trying to do a Rhythm Proof-of-Concept, and an ION interface that has stalled out due to internal politics.

Sorry for the ranting...
    Thanks again for the input,
    Nick
  • Hah, well understood Nick. I was actually previously a SyteLine 8.03.11 customer doing integrations as well and it was a balancing act of priorities, investments, and so on. Feel free to reach out, PM me, or start a new thread if you're looking to revisit integration challenges. Plenty of helpful people on the boards.

Once you're ready to hit the ground running on integrations, you'll find baking in additional layers of functionality based on easy business wins should come fairly easily.
  • Hi Shan,

I tried following your link to Infor's Vimeo page, but there are no videos there that I can see (see attachement). Do you need a certain membership to be able to see the videos?

Kind regards, 

Sofia Danielsson

• Hi Sofia,
    We've actually moved our Vimeo site over to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/.../UCO64l_VdkRQtOLA_NzWD5ug

Best,
    Shan