Pathway External Web Services - Update Reference?

Hi Guys,

By the sound of below description, the Update References Method should be able to create references for a given business object.

I suppose the "application code, application entity and application ID" data elements in the schema (highlighted in yellow - see below XSD) are used to associate a given reference number to a Pathway System Entity Record. Perhaps something like "LAP, Property, TPK123" or "LLC, Licence, 456".

If I want to link a reference to a CSR request, what is the application code and entity name?

Where do I get enumerations for Application Codes and Application Entities?

Regards

Bijan

PS -

17.3 UpdateReferences Method

The CIFV5380.UpdateReferences method provides the ability to create, amend and delete Reference Roles and References for a given business object, for example, a Customer Service Request, an Animal, a Property, an Application or Licence.

17.3.2 REQUESTDATA Parameter DTD and XSD

The schema is specific to the CIFV5380.UpdateReferences method.

XSD

<xs:complexType>

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element ref="applicationCode" />

<xs:element ref="applicationEntity" />

<xs:element ref="applicationId" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="references" />

</xs:sequence>

<xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded" ref="reference" />

</xs:complexType>

</xs:element>

<xs:element name="reference">

<xs:complexType>

<xs:element ref="referenceLinkId" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceLinkUpdateVersion" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceUpdateVersion" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceUpdateAction" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceTypeId" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceNumber" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceStatus" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceStatusDate" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceLinkStatus" />

<xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="referenceLinkStatusDate" />

</xs:complexType>

• Check out this api guide I provided for infor facts and Storefront. If you don’t get your answer from that pm me. At least you have the xsd — something I did not have:

community.inforxtreme.com/.../infor-facts-api-call-reference-guide
  • In reply to cfmValizan:

Thanks mate. I explored your guide before posting my question. Had a closer look again but can't find enumeration for application code and entity!
  • In reply to 1348095:

any example logs you are able to enable which can possibly provide insight into how the data can be called? we were able to enable the debug logs on our ERP server end to assist in compiling our api guide.
  • In reply to cfmValizan:

Thanks for collaboration mate. Puzzle solved. NFAR.

As I thought, the term “Application Code” in the “Reference” subject area refers to “Pathway module/subsystem” as recorded in the “CRFAPPL” table:

tpkcrfappl           u_version            fkcsyappl             active

41           !              LAP        1

42           !              LPA        1

45           !              LVL         1

46           !              LRA        1

48           !              LIF          1

49           !              LLC         1

50           !              ACR        1

53           !              LDR        1

54           !              LTW       1

55           !              LVV        1

57           !              LAN        1

58           !              LVZ         1

59           !              ABK        1

And the "Application Entity" enumerations are stored in the “CRFENTY” table.

tpkcrfenty           u_version            tfkcrfappl            active    entityname        classes

37           !              41           1              LAPAPPL                            1

38           !              42           1              LPAPROP                           0

41           !              45           1              LVLVALN                           0

42           !              46           1              LRAASSM                         0

44           !              48           1              LIFINTP                              1

45           !              49           1              LAPAPNO                         1

46           !              50           1              ACRREQU                         0

49           !              53           1              LDRDBTR                           0

50           !              54           1              LTWASSM                                         0

51           !              55           1              LVVVALU                           0

53           !              57           1              LANANML                                         0

54           !              58           1              LVZVALU                           0

55           !              59           1              ABKRQHD                         1

=================================================================

I don’t understand the IT fuss about using the term “Application” rather than self-explanatory term like "system/subsystem".