WFM: Integrate Service with Human Resource

Hello All,

I have a request to integrate a messenger service for workforce management activities into the CloudSuite Business.  This would be part of the Human Resource Management. Would the connection and coding occur in the Human Resource Management or ION? Is there a document outlining the steps?

Thanks,

Robert

• Robert,
    I think the community here will need a lot more information to provide some options for you. What are the touch points in the business process where the messenger service interacts with HRM? What interfaces are available to/from the messenger service? What value does the messenger service bring to the business process? What exact modules and versions of the Infor software are you using? Are you on-premise or in the cloud?
  • In reply to Keith Knuth:

Hi Keith,

Thanks for replying. I will work on getting these answers.

Robert
  • In reply to Burcamp:

Hello Keith and All,

Here are the answers to the questions.

What are the touch points in the business process where the messenger service interacts with HRM? The messenger service will provide employee authentication (read the employees form), read schedules, transfer employee work shifts, and assign employee shifts.

What interfaces are available to/from the messenger service?

There needs to be a single sign on for both the messenger service and Infor CloudSuite Business.
    Messenger service needs access to employee roster or Employees form.

What value does the messenger service bring to the business process?
    The messenger service displays Employee Schedules, Shift Transfers, and Open Shifts.

The messenger service removes previous open shift from one employee and transfer to another employee
    The messenger service adds shifts to employee and updates employee’s schedule.

What exact modules and versions of the Infor software are you using? Are you on-premise or in the cloud?
    Cloud - CloudSuite Business with WorkForce Management 6.2 Patch Version

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert
  • In reply to Burcamp:

Robert,
    It sounds like you are writing this "Messenger Service" application from scratch? If so, then I am assuming you have full control over the kind of interfaces you build in your application to retrieve data from WFM? I am not an WFM expert, but your next step would seem to be to read up on the interfaces WFM provides to see if they match the data you need. For example, I don't believe WFM supports BOD interfaces but they support other options. The interface you choose will help dictate how you code your application.

I don't see a WFM group here on Infor Communities yet or I would recommend posting there. So your next step would either be to dig into their documentation on inforxtreme.com or to open an Infor Xtreme ticket. Of course, maybe there is another member here that knows WFM and can chime in as well.

Sorry for the very generic answer.