Request Format and Output Format disabled in ION API

Hi,

I am configuring ION API in a document flow. It has a post method. When I go to Input Body, the Request Format is disabled like:

And, In the Output Document tab, the output format is also not dropping any value:

Please note that I have refreshed ION API metadata.

Can you please give some pointers on why this issue is arising. That will be really helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ridhima Sinha

• HI Ridhima,
    Input format is based on the "consumes" tag provided in swagger documentation. Similarly output format is based on "produces" tag provided in swagger documentation. Please verify your swagger documentation if those are provided as expected.

Ex: Snippet for a path
    "post": {
    "summary": "EAM API",
    "consumes": [
    "application/json",
    "text/json",
    "application/xml",
    "text/xml",
    "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
    ],
    "produces": [
    "application/json",
    "text/json",
    "application/xml",
    "text/xml",
    "application/soap+xml"
    ],

Thanks,
    Ravikiran
  • In reply to RaviKiran:

Hi Ravikiran,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am using an Infor-Provisioned API Suite, so can we modify swagger documentation of built-in API suite?

Regards,
    Ridhima Sinha
  • In reply to Ridhima Sinha:

Hi Ravikiran,

I am trying to consume an IDM Post API(/items/search/item/resource) within a document flow in ION.

The swagger documentation has below format in 'produces' tag:

"produces": [
    "application/octet-stream;charset=utf-8"
    ]

But this option is not coming in the dropdown of 'Output Format'.

Also, this post method returns IDM resource as a stream but I need the output in an XML format, thus I want to add "application/xml", "text/xml" in the 'produces' tag.

I have downloaded the IDM swagger documentation and modified it according to my requirement.
    But I am not able to upload the updated documentation as that option is disabled.

Can you please suggest on how can I achieve this or if this is not authorized to do?

If we cannot modify, is there any other workaround by which I can get the response form this API in an XML format?

Awaiting a response.

Thank you.

Regards.
    Ridhima Sinha